Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Alll the ways that I've been receiving information about the TAA strikes through cyberspace:

email (from individual departments, the school, students)
the university main website
the TAA site
newspapers online

There are even pictures of the strike online at the TAA site. One thing that is missing though is a webcam --- I wanted to see what things looked like on campus this morning from home and a webcam of key points on campus would have been interesting (if, of course, my stolen wireless signal would have let me watch the video...).

I thought it was interesting to see the difference in stories at the university's official site and the TAA site, and I particularly wondered why there is no direct link to the TAA site from the university FAQ pages.

Paul's point about undermining the effect of the TAA picketing buildings by moving class to cyberspace leads to the questions:
-was the point of the TAA picketing buildings specifically to stop classes, or was it more generally to disrupt things enough to draw attention to the situation
-if it was just to disrupt business as usual at the university, is moving class to cyberspace a disruption? I'd say yeah, it is, because we had presentations scheduled that have to be rescheduled, and the topic of our "cyberclass" is now the strike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home