Tuesday, March 23, 2004

These are just some of my random thinking outloud. I hope you all can follow!
1. In the executive summary it states that 90% of 5-17 yr olds are on-line. I think it is just outstanding that 5 year olds are knowing how to use the internet. I really can't believe that they are that young. But, could this potentially be too young? Are they seeing things they shouldn't be seeing?

2. It does not surprise me that people with disablilites are not using the internet. I think it would be hard for them to grasp the concept expecially if someone was blind, b/c the internet is a visual atmosphere. However, I would think that maybe the computer could assist those with mental disabilities. I know at my highschool we had computers for those with disabilities and they really enjoyed working with them. Although there were many of times they just got frustrated and gave up. Do you think there is a way to make computers more friendly to the disadvantaged?

3.My last thought is that of the language barrier. This country is being emersed with a Spanish speaking population. There are some sites that allow you to have it typed in Spanish, but I think this is just the begining. I think that someday someone is going to get fed up and want to have the opportunites that the rest of the US has and create a Spanish internet. Do you think there will be a time when we will have a Spanish internet like in the way we have Telamundo TV?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home