Wednesday, March 24, 2004

From what the Executive Summary stated, data shows that 39% of individuals are making onling purchases and 35% are searching for health information. I would be interested to kinow where people are actually looking for health information. Although the internet is a great resource, it is not always accurate in the data it portrays, especially about different health issues. I would also be interested to find out if those individuals are using the internet as a second resource after seeing a physician or if it is their primary resource when they have any type of problem.

Secondly, their data shows that 80% of Americans used Internet through dial-up service in 2001, however I would be interested to see what the most recent data shows because I personally think more people are moving on and advancing to faster internet service, but I am not sure if that is just what I have seen through different friends and family or if the general public is actually changing also.

In response to several other responses regarding children using the internet, I am not sure what to think either. I personally think it is a good resource for certain things and children could possibly benefit from it in several ways, however what age should parents let their children start using the internet and actually let them use it unmonitored. The age of 5 sounds quite young to me, but then maybe it is ok for that age to use it for certain reasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home