Tuesday, April 06, 2004

3 questions/statements about this weeks readings:

1. I like what the GNU is saying, but what happens if there is a glitch. Since this program is for free, is there going to be a support network one can call incase of an emergency? For me, if something goes wrong, I need someone right away to help me out. And if not everyone has my problem and I can't figure it out myself I might be out of luck.

2. I believe the idea "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" is essentialy the way of the world. It's been shown, especially in telephone services. Many smaller companies that specialized in one niche markets are eventually snatched up by a major supplier. I think it was a great attempt to try to diversify things with other companies in the loop, but in reality they didn't stand a chance.

3. In chapter 3 of Digital Capitalism, I feel there is no way of getting around tying the Internet to the existing media systems. Companies will take any type of advertising as long as it brings them business. Internet sites and companies are becoming common place among the physical stores also advertising. So their money is as good as the others. Product placement is another huge area that Internet sites can bank on. So many movies and TV shows now incorporate the use of technology, it would be a waste not to advertise on TV shows or radio for internet companies. It's a great way to get their name out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home