Monday, March 01, 2004

I have to say that Rheingold had a lot of insightful comments and text throughout his text (and in terms and language I could understand). One thing I thought was interesting was his comment about his daughter getting the tick and finding information through the Well (Rheingold) versus calling the pediatrician (his wife). This brings up a wonderful point: our method of obtaining information since the infiltration of the Internet has changed dramatically. I can relate to Rheingold because when I'm sick, rather than calling the nurse at UHS first, I look online at my symptoms and then determine if I am sick enough to go to the doctor. The Internet then enables each of us to be quasi-experts on things that we could never be expert about without its vast body of knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home