Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Hey everyone. This is my first post for this week's discussion:

One quote that I found to be particularly interesting from the Habitat article was this:
"The essential lesson that we have extracted from our experiences with Habitat is that a cyberspace is defined more by the interactions among the actors within it than by the technology with which it is implemented."

I thought this statement was very insightful and accurate. I started wondering, though, is that only because I know relatively little about the technology itself, and therefore focus my attention primarily on the people using it? Is it the case that the technology plays just as important a role as the actors, and technically-challenged people such as myself choose to ignore it? After all, the technology that implements the cyberspace does set limits (though often not clear ones) on what the people can do with it.

I suppose I'd just like to hear something from those in the class that know a lot about the technology on the statement. Is it for the most part true, or was it only true for the habitat experiment? That's all, I guess. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home